Thursday, March 22, 2007

Veggies Anyone?

Did you, or did you not, eat your vegetables as a youngster? What sorts of veggies will and won't you eat nowadays? Home garden grown, organic only, or anything goes?

When I was younger that's all I liked to eat was veggies. My sister was the meat eater and I was the veggie eater. Most days I would trade my meat for her veggies. I used to eat tons of veggies before I was pregnant with the triplets. Broccoli was my favorite. However, I would get very bad gas pains and didn't realize that broccoli was the cause of my pain until I looked up what was causing my discomfort and low and behold broccoli is the number one gas contributing factor. So I stopped eating it and only on occasion I will have broccoli and suffer the consequences afterwards. The one veggie that I eat a lot of now is canned green beans. I buy cases of it when Shoprite has their can-can sale. I also eat zucchini and eggplant. I'm not much of a salad eater but from time to time I will order one at a restaurant. I like the kind that has tons of weird things in it like sun dried tomatoes, olives, cranberries, tangerines, croutons, etc. etc. Not particularly in the same salad. I don't grow my own veggies. I go for the canned version which is fast, on rare occasions I get the frozen kind and very often I try to get the fresh kind in the grocery store.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

i HAD to eat broccoli when i was pregnant with my 2nd dd! never liked it before that but craved it with her! oh the strange things those babies do to us! great post!

Sharon said...

I just made the same comment about me being the vegie eater and my brother was the meat eater.

Beachcomber said...

Great post! I like broccoli, too. That is one of the vegis my 6 year will eat.

loonyhiker said...

You and my hubby would get along great with the canned veggies!

Karen said...

I never knew that about broccoli. Damn, and it's one of my favourite vegetables too.