Thursday, March 08, 2007

20 Things I Enjoy Doing

List 20 things you enjoy doing! When was the last time you did these things? Put a date to each of them. This list can be a resource for artist dates. I am going to list them in no particular order just the way I think of them.

1. Watch my soap opera (Days of our Lives). Last episode I watched was Monday's, however, I have tivo so the other shows are taped so I can watch them when I have free time. I never miss an episode and I love to fast forward the commercials. GO TIVO!

2. Checking e-mails. I belong to many different yahoo groups and receive hundreds of e-mails on a daily basis. I check them all day long. The last time I checked was about 1/2 hour ago. I do, however, have 2 e-mail accounts though. One which I check frequently like I mentioned and one which I check maybe once a month and this one is where all the spam goes so there can be over 1,000 e-mails in that account. It's amazing how much spam I get there. Note to self need to clean out that account more often.

3. Digital scrapbook. I enjoy making page after page on my computer. I am a frequent scrapper though as I tend to make a page or two each day. The last one I made was today before lunch time. My goal is to reach 400 pages like I did for last year. So far I think I'm at 90 so I'm way on my way!

4. Listening to music. No not the songs from Barney or the alphabet songs. I mean real music adult music. When I am without the kids I like to blast regular music. My husband almost died when he got in his car the other day as I had the radio blasting. I actually have iTunes playing right now. I have cordless earphones so I can blast the music without waking up the kids as they are in bed sleeping.

5. Blogging. Yes, I like to blog on a daily basis. I love going to DSP here for the daily blog prompt and then write. I maintain 2 blogs. One which is for my children's scrapbook pages and one which is a personal blog. I update them both on a daily basis. I'm updating right now.

6. Take a crap in private. Okay, are you laughing yet? Well, now that we are potty training it's like I never get time alone in the bathroom unless they are sleeping! I find myself holding it until they are sleeping and sometimes this is not possible.

7. Eat a bag of Cherry Pull-n-Peel Twizzlers. I purchase a bag a week. It's my favorite candy. I am actually eating it now as I'm blogging.

8. Take a long hot shower. I took one this morning but lately it has been like a really quick shower because I have to be somewhere and I hate to be late. Man, I can't remember the last time I took a real long one. Need to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier to do this.

9. Drink a starbucks white chocolate mocha coffee. Man, when was the last time I had it? I think it was back in Sept when my friend came to visit and brought me one. We do not have a drive through near and getting out of the car with three toddlers is literally impossible. I used to have them back when I was working before the children were born. Oh, they are so yummy. Speaking of yummy I think I'm going to make myself a hot chocolate.

10. Eat brownies. Oh, it has to be the type that is like fudge. Really sweet and has like fudge frosting on top. I hate cake like brownies. Oh, and it has to have nuts too. I make this to die for brownies with marshmallows. Yes, it's fatening so I don't make it that often. Okay, why am I thinking of brownies now? It must be this hot chocolate I'm now drinking. The last time I made the brownies was around Christmas time or was it thanksgiving? Think I need to make some soon.

11. Read. I read every day mostly blogs, e-mails and children's books at story time but to really sit down and read a novel. I can't tell you how long it's been since I read a novel. Yes, I've taken out books from the library but it's mainly self-help books on parenting, potty training and the most recent books I have taken out were books on journaling and photoshop elements. Just wish I had more time in a day so I can fit in everything I'd like to accomplish in a day. When I was working in the city I would commute via train and I had plenty of time to read then but now that I have children reading a novel is so hard to do.

12. Go Horseback riding. I think horses are such beautiful animals and I love going horseback riding. The last time I went was on a vacation back in Antiqua. I rode a horse on the beach. It was a lot of fun. Of course, my husband won't go on a horse because horseback riding can be very painful. He! He! Let's see my trip to Antiqua would have to be about maybe 6-7 years ago.

13. Go to a spa and have a massage. I recently went to a spa for a MOMs night out and had a chair massage where they do only your upper back. This was like 3 weeks ago. But the last time I got a full massage would have to be in 1995 when I was on a cruise to Puerto Rico. I have a gift cert that I received for my birthday from my triplet mom friends that I plan on using very soon. Thank you guys for thinking of me.

14. Bowling. Yes, I used to be on a league before the children, of course. I think I liked it so much so because when I was growing up my mom was always on a bowling team. I wasn't very good only had like a 130 average. Man, when was the last time I went bowling. It's been over 7 years I think. It's been on my mind lately but mainly bumper bowling for the kids has been on my mind. Maybe I should suggest it for a moms night out.

15. Rubber stamping. I enjoy making cards mostly. On occasion I would use rubber stamping on my scrapbooking pages. The last time I stamped was like last week when I was working on the MOMs club scrapbook. Yes, I'm paper scrapping the MOMs club photos. I am a Stampin' Up Demo. Once a month I attend my upline's stamp workshop. I really need to start having workshops in my house again. I made my quota this quarter but next quarter starting in April I need to hold workshops to stay active. I'm finding that now that I'm scrapping digitally I really don't need to purchase so much and $300 is a lot to purchase myself especially since I am not working.

16. Watching movies. I am a member of netflix so we get movies quite often. Sometimes we watch them quickly and then other times they sit and sit for weeks. The greatest thing about netflix is that you don't have to return them at a certain time so no late fees. I hated blockbuster because of the late fees. The last movie we watched was Crank. That was about 3 weeks ago.

17. Take pictures. I do this mainly on a daily basis. Last time I took photos was today at the library during story time. I have to take photos to scrapbook.

18. Chatting. I don't like to chat on the phone. I like to chat in chatrooms. I mainly go to the DSP chat room on Thurs nights to chat with other digital scrapbook addicts. It's where I can give ideas about new kits and even get an attendance freebie sometimes. It's also where I get my challenges for the week.

19. Did I mention I like challenges? Scrapbook challenges. It really motivates me to get scrapping done. I find challenges on many different websites. DSP is where I mainly go first but once I finish the ones from there and am in need for more challenges I tend to wonder to other websites.

20. Listen to Creative Mom Podcast. I like to listen after the kids are in bed. I love to hear Amy's children talk. I really need to send her an e-mail to see how she manages to get her kids to say things on queque like she does. I haven't yet listened to all her podcasts but from time to time I download a new one. I just listened to Episode 28 tonight. It was a Christmas episode. I really like her idea of making bookmarks. Maybe I'll do something like that when the kids turn 3 and send bookmarks this christmas out. I have a xyron so I'm sure I can make them laminated and I'm hoping that by the end of the year my children will be more artistic.

No comments: