Friday, March 23, 2007

More "G" Words

11. Grouchy. I am feeling a bit grouchy today. Why, well, I had time to take a shower but when it was time to dry my hair my blow dryer blew out so I'm having my hair air dry. I got the kids dressed and down for breakfast and while getting their juice (orange for today). I didn't realize that I took the cover off the orange juice and I picked it up and shook it. Yes, I was covered in orange juice. My shirt, my pants, my hair. I did not scream though. I'm actually sitting here with my bra on as I'm washing my cloths. It's only 10 am. The kids are handing me their coats. They love to go out, however, today I have nothing planned. I sure hope the rest of the day doesn't go like it did this morning.

12. Gold. I'm not much of a jewelry person. I wear my wedding band and my gold post earrings on a daily basis. There are only a few times a year that I actually put on a necklace. I never ever wear a bracelet but always wear my Italian charm watch. If I had to choose from gold and silver, I would pick gold. I never ever wear costume jewelry.

13. Gardening. I hate to garden. Pulling up weeds is the worst! I hate to get my hands dirty. When my mother comes to visit she maintains the front of our house for us. We don't even cut our lawn we pay someone to do it for us.

14. Gemstone. My favorite gemstone is Amethyst. It is also my birthstone. Of course, my favorite color is also purple. When I was picking out my wedding band I actually wanted Amethyst in my setting but wound up just getting diamonds. My pre-engagement ring, however, does have Amethyst in it. It is a heart shaped ring that has diamonds and Amethysts alternating around the heart.

15. Groups. I belong to many support groups. Most are related to raising triplets and some are for my scrapbooking.

  • MOPS - Mothers of Preschoolers. I joined back in October. I attend 2 times a month a meeting where they watch my children and I socialize with other mothers and they have a speaker or movie about parenting and then discussion group and at each meeting we make a craft to carry home. It's been a lifesaver for me since it's the only real time I get alone without the kids. the kids love it too as they think they are attending school.
  • MOMS club - Mothers Offering Mothers Support. This is a local group that I joined back in October as well. This club has once a month meetings where they have a guest speaker and the children play while they speak with us all in the same room so it can get very chaotic at times. I am very involved in this group. I am now officially on the committee as photographer and scrapbooker for the club. This club has activities every day of the week except for Saturday and Sunday. It's a great way to get my kids out of the house and they really enjoy playing with other children. This club also has Moms Night Out that are really fun to attend. I try to make each one. Last month they had a spa night were we all went for a massage! This month it's just dinner but next month we will be attending Super Supers. Can't wait to see what that's all about as I'm always struggling with the question, "What's for Dinner?" At the Super Supers we will be making 6 meals which we will freeze for the week. It is a bit expensive $135 I think for the 3 meals but just think I won't have to do the grocery shopping as they do all that for you.
  • Triplet Moms Clubs. I belong to the local triplet moms club. This club meets once a month for dinner (Moms Night out). This group consists of moms who have triplets of all different ages so there is no triplet get together except for the yearly picnic which happens once a year usually in August. But it is nice to get to a dinner and discuss the issues that I'm dealing with now and most of the moms have already gone through what I'm going through and can give you tips on how to handle the situation. They survived!
  • Yahoo groups Triplet Mom Same Age Group. This one I'm most active in. This group is of triplet moms who have the same age triplets as mine. It's a fun support group as we all are in the same boat so to speak. It's nice to know that I'm not alone here with the tantrums, whining, potty training and poop parties. Thanks guys for all your support.
  • Yahoo groups Triplet Moms. This one I belong to and only occasionally post to as it's very very active and I really don't have the time to read every one's posts but it's available to me if I need it.
  • Yahoo groups Scrapals. I have been a member of scrapals for about 8 years when I first learned how to scrapbook. I even met some of the woman in the group before my children were born. My first time to California. It was a scrapbook retreat. Very fun. Waving to my friends here. I used to be very active in this group but with the triplets I haven't been posting as much but it's nice to have some friends who share the same passion for scrapbooking.

2 comments:

Glynis said...

I love the way you did this prompt! Yes, it may be more time-consuming, but you definitely added something special!

loonyhiker said...

I like the way you described each one. I liked the garbage entry and the grouchy one. I have to apologize in advance, but I admit to laughing about the orange juice (I'm SO sorry! giggle giggle). The gates were pretty good too because I was imagining your house.