Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Names

Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
My first and middle name remains the same. The only thing that has changed is my last name when I married my husband I took on his last name.

If you could change your name (first or middle, no last names for safety please!), what would it be? I never really thought about changing my name except that I like the name Rebecca (Rivka). Biblical: Rebekah, noted in the Genesis account as a maiden of beauty, modesty, and kindness, became the wife of Abraham's son, Isaac. I couldn't use it for my children's names because I took it as my hebrew name when I converted.

Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?) For my first name I don't know the answer to this one. I guess I will have to ask my parents the next time I see them. I do know that my middle name is named after my Aunt Lynn.

Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why? Well, I already mentioned that I loved the name Rebecca (read above). I also love Victoria, Ashley, Aiden and Justin. I have used all the names I really liked in my children's names. Nope, Naomi was not one that I liked. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. My husband named her. It means "pleasant one; above all, beauty". Her middle name we made up as we needed a D name and since I hated Danielle we took the name Aiden and added a D to make Daiden.

I hate the names Danielle, Daniel, Samantha, Lori and Linda. I'm sure I can go on and on here. Why I hate those names I don't really know. Maybe because they remind me of people I met years ago or I just don't like the way they sound.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

loved the names you chose if you were to change - I figure because I have had Joan for so long it is part of who I am.

Tiffani said...

I love Daiden! Unique names are wonderful for lil girls.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad I didn't see Pat in your list! What a great list!

Unknown said...

Rebekkah is such a nice name (oops, I think I spelled it differently). And I knew I was forgetting something this morning... Names I hate. Except there is only one.

Sharon said...

Oh gosh you reminded me that I hate the name Danielle.

Sharon said...

Better clarify my comment....I hate it only because it reminds me of someone who drives me crazy....I suppose its more to do with the person....lol