Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Babies, I Hate You

Today it was in the 60's so when we returned from the MOPs meeting we had our lunch in the backyard sitting at the baby picnic table. It was only about 12:30 pm when we arrived back home. So after eating our lunch I allowed the kids to play a bit more in the yard while I brought out my computer to write my blog entry for Wed. While I was writing the kids started to fight. They normally fight so it was no surprise to me. They screamed and cried over the toy stroller that we have only 2 of and there are, of course, 3 of them. I always have to break up the fight and persuade them to play with something else. It can become loud at times. Whenever there is no noise I know that they are in some sort of trouble.

While we were in the yard the little boy who lives behind us was in his yard playing and he kept saying, "Be Quite!" "Be Quite" "Babies, Be Quite". The little boy must be about 4 years old because he wasn't in school so I'm just guessing here. Our yards are separated by a strip of trees and then the fence on our side but we can see through slightly to their yard.

Well, the fighting did not stop and then all of a sudden I hear from the little boy, "BABIES, I HATE YOU." He repeats it over and over again. I know that he was referring to my children as who else would he be talking to or about? I must be over sensitive because this has been bothering me for like 3 hours now and I figured I'd write it down to release it from my mind. After hearing this a couple of times I decided it was time to bring my children in for their nap. I just wanted the little boy to stop shouting those painful words so my children wouldn't hear it and repeat it. I don't think it affected them because I haven't heard them say anything and they are at the stage where they repeat things so I'm hoping that they didn't pick up on what he has said. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

What a little brat! That isn't very nice. I wonder if he was feeling lonely and trying to get attention. Maybe he wanted someone to play with. Still that is not very nice though. GEES!