Monday, March 26, 2007

Childhood Room

Describe your childhood room. Why did you like it? What was your favorite thing you liked? What about your room now?

My childhood bedroom was in the attic. The walls were slanted like in a barn. They had red panels that my dad put up. On those walls I had millions of posters taped up. I think they were of Duran Duran and John Stamos and maybe some Days of Our Lives actors and actresses. Yes, I watched them back when I was a teen. I also remember that I had satin things hanging from the ceilings. Like balloons, hearts, etc. back then I think they were popular. The favorite thing that I liked was that my dad made me a sliding glass mirrored closet for my clothes. If you went into one side of the closet it would lead you to a hidden trapped door where I had my old toys such as dolls and barbies. When I was really young I would play in that hidden closet. I had a queen size bed. It was a set that my mom purchased 2nd hand. It was light brown in color. The bedroom set came with me when I got married but when we purchased our first house we went and got a king size bed pictured below. My old set is being used by Justin today.

My room now is really boring. We have only white walls which we never painted. There is nothing at all on them not even any pictures. I do have a walk in closet for storing all my clothes that I share with my husband. It needs more shelves for our stuff though. My bed is a king size bed and we have a big headboard with mirrors and draws and cabinets where I store my books. We have a ceiling fan with light which I think is at times spooked because sometimes the light will go on by itself and turn off by itself so I don't leave the light switch on. It's on a remote so maybe one of my neighbors has the same remote and is controlling our light. We are the first owners of this house so that's the only logical explanation I can come up with. Our bed sheets are normally either blue like pictured or green in color. I sometimes use a duvet cover or I got one of those bed in the bags sets that I alternate from time to time. The colors are usually light in color because I did try to get a dark blue or dark green and the hair from my 2 cats just attracts to the dark colors and looked awful after one day. So I stay with the light colors.

No comments: