Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Peculiar Gift

What's the most peculiar gift you've ever received? Describe the scene when you opened it and your reaction.

At my bridal shower I opened up a box which contained the ugliest glass shaped dombs with a metal holder that looked like it was rusting. At the time almost 12 years ago I did not know what those glass dombs were for so I just smiled and said thank you. For years I stored them in my basement with all the other china and glass things I received from the shower. When I joined flylady a couple of years later I did actually throw those pieces of glass and metal in the garbage only to find out that they were actually candle holders. I guess they were just not my taste at the time and still to this day I think they were ugly.

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

At least you didn't spend money after you threw them out to buy more. lol

Karen said...

Sounds like they're no loss. If you had known they were candle holders you still wouldn't have used them anyway.

Stephani said...

lol! That is to funny! From the sounds of them I would have thrown them out too! lol!