Thursday, March 29, 2007

Party Anyone?

Are you the partying type? Party? I am so not a party type. I do not drink, however, lately I've been considering it. When I attend a party I like to hide in the crowd. I do not like to draw attention to myself. I think that is why I am having a hard time dealing with the celebrity attention that the triplets have given to my life. I just don't like to be noticed and having triplets brings a lot of attention. When we are out in public we stand out in the crowd and it's like we have 3 heads or something. Why do people stare and make wise remarks? I'd much rather climb under a rock then be notice like I am now.

Write about a party you've had or attended. The last party I attended was for a 2 year old little boy, our cousin. It was a Spiderman theme. The tables had favors which were spiderman bags and inside the bags were candy and lots of lolly pops. Why do I remember the lolly pops? Well, because I don't give my children any candy except for when they are getting their hair cut so it's more like a treat for them to keep them quite and be good. This day all they ate were those lolly pops. The food that was served was Kosher. There were bagels, tuna fish, egg salad and noodle koogle. I gave them bagels since they do not eat that other stuff. They did have cake too so it was a sugar high for sure that day. The entertainment was really cool. They had a woman who played and sang songs and then she gave out these musical instruments to all the children to play with. The kids loved it. Of course, they are familiar with music time since I take them to the library for those type of activities.

Ever wanted to be the recipient of a surprise party? Now is your chance to let your family know! Nope no interest in a surprise party. I did have a surprise bridal shower once. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the location I noticed my mom's car in the parking lot so it was a big give away that it was my shower. For my baby shower I actually planned it since we had to have it early and we had it in my house so I wouldn't have to lug 3 high chairs, 3 play pens, 3 cribs, etc. etc. back to the house. Speaking of surprises my neighbor just turned 40. How do I know? Well, her husband had signs all over the neighborhood. How embarrassing is that? Well, it gets even better. As I saw the signs I decided to drive past her house because I thought she was having a party or something well, in front of her house she has 2 trees. Hanging from her trees were pink bras and again more signs saying she was 40. Could you imagine? I certainly would be so embarrassed. Not only is turning 40 rough but for the entire neighborhood to know you are 40 that's embarrassing. I have 3 more years till I'm 40 and I so hope my husband doesn't advertise it to the world.

2 comments:

Beachcomber said...

I would die if my hubby plastered signs all over the neighbor saying I am turning 40! Luckily he wouldn't think to do that. The spiderman party sounded like fun with the woman who played and sang songs.

Unknown said...

Thank goodness you had waited to post your neighbor's humilation. If someone I knew had seen it before, I just know what would have happened when I turned 50 last year. Fortunately it nice, quiet (as quiet as it can get with Indy around) and peaceful (ditto).