Friday, March 02, 2007

Anger

Quoted from the book "Light for My Path Illuminating Selections from the Bible" that I received from MOPs for my birthday.

Dear God, sometimes I get angry so easily. Things go wrong, people don't act the way I want them to, someone's words rub me the wrong way. Help me, Father, to control my anger, to keep it from spilling out, hurting those around me. Remind me that usually, when it comes right down to it, I'm angry simply because I can't have my own way. Give me the strength to accept whatever You send into my life. Amen.

I'm dealing with a lot of anger lately. I am losing my temper a lot with the children. I don't get a break and sometimes it really makes me angry and I am starting to have tantrums - screaming and throwing things. So when I got this book on Wed which I finally just opened it the very first page was that prayer above and I thought I'd share it with you all. Hopefully this will give me the strength to go on.

No comments: