Friday, March 16, 2007

I WON THE LOTTERY!

Ha! Ha! Just joking. The journal prompt today is:

You have just won one million dollars!


Who do you call first? First, I probably would call my husband as he's always working and lately we communicate via the telephone even though he works in our house in our basement he's like never around. We use an intercom system a lot. Then the next person to call would probably be my mom. We usually talk at least once a day. She lives an hour away and we only see her once a week but besides that we speak on the telephone to update about our daily activities.

What is the first thing you buy for yourself? I would pay off our credit cards. Most of our cards are maxed out due to when my husband was out of work and we had used all our savings up so had to rely on credit cards to get through a couple of months of unemployment. Now, the finance charges are really killing us. I doubt we'll ever get these cards paid off. Winning a million dollars would definately help.

What is the first thing you buy for someone else? I would buy my niece a swing set for her back yard one with a slide.

Do you give any away? If yes, to whom? I would give some to the synagogue and renew our membership. Right now we had to cancel our membership due to lack of income.

Do you invest any? If so, how? Invest? After taxes as they'd take about half there and then paying off our credit cards I doubt there will be anything left! But if there was we'd put some into our IRAs and I'm sure my husband would want some to go back into the stock market as he had to sell his shares last year after we used up our savings and then his stocks and then our credit cards when he was unemployed. We may even put some aside for the children's college fund because right now they have none. We are struggling just to get them into preschool. I can't imagine how it's going to be when they go to college.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I think if I won the lottery, you'd be high on the list of people I'd share with! You are one of my favorite people!