Friday, March 30, 2007

Lost Wedding Ring - Hope

I lost my wedding ring today. I prayed that I would find it. I searched and searched with no luck. Could it be at the library? Could it be in my car? Could it be at Stacy's house? Could it be in the garbage as we were painting and using baby wipes to get the paint off our hands? Where oh where could my ring have gone. I was so upset that I cried both at Stacy's house and again at home that caused a migrane headache again. I've been getting them more frequently lately. Maybe it's a sign I need to take a break. After putting the children to sleep for the night I took a Motrin and passed out at 8:30 pm. Waking up at 12:30 am. My husband came up to check on me because it is not like me to go to bed so early normally I'm up on the computer until 2 am. He hugged me and said not to keep my hopes up that my ring is gone and that he will get me a new one. How sweet is that?

This was not my first wedding ring. This was my 2nd one that he purchased for me for our 10 year anniversary because I could not wear my first ring because of the weight that I had gained from the triplets. It wasn't purchased in the USA. It was bought when we were in St. Thomas on vacation. Also this is not the first time in the past 2 years that I have lost it. I lost it once before. It took a week but it did turn up when I stopped searching for it. So I'm praying that it will turn up again.

I found this poem on the internet by Hayley Sales - it really portrays the feelings I am going through at this time in my life except for the broken engagement part. But wow, she even has the whining child in there and I so need a Great Escape!



The Great Escape

Today
has carved
me from head to toe
slicing
each reservoir
of serenity
into tiny shards of what used to be
a heart
Tomorrow
i feel
knocking at my door
already
But he’s the
sillohette
of a towering man who breaths
down my neck laughing
GET BACK!!
GET BACK!!
GET BACK!!!
I race
back to
yesterday, but yesterday
is a
whinning child crying out
every moment
I missed while wanting
a better moment
Tomorrow
Today
is all i have
but it
feels meaningless
a broken engagement
a lost wedding ring
a molded bouquet
How i long for the great escape

--------------------------------
PRAYER FOR HOPE
Lord, when all around me looks dark, remind me the bridge of hope will carry me over the present troubles, into the future You have promised. Amen.

What, then, can I count on, O Lord? In You my hope lies. Psalms 39:8

4 comments:

Unknown said...

While I haven't lost my wedding ring, I do have a very special pinkie ring that I have managed to lose twice. Each time for years... The first time, I found it on the ground in the front yard after being lost for 3 years. Apparently it had gotten buried but subsequent rains had brought it back to the surface. The next time I lost it for over a year and it turned up in the Christmas decorations. So don't give up hope.

Stephani said...

Hang in there! It sounds like you definetly need a break even just for a few hours. I hope you find your ring. I will cross my fingers that you do. I am glad your hubby noticed somthing was amiss and was worried. That was very very sweet of him. To bad about the migrain. I get them as well. All I can do is sleep them off. You might mention to you doctor that you are having them more frequently. There is so sure fire cure but stress is definetly a factor. Let us know if you find your ring. I will keep you in my prayers.

Bonnie said...

Oh shame Laura!
I am sorry to hear you lost your wedding ring!How awful! It happened to me once many years ago and I thought my heart would break-I am such a sentimental freak! But I did find it after days of searching. Since then I have NEVER taken it off. I mean never, I don't take it off when I shower, go to bed, cook, bake, garden, the only time I EVER take it off is when I make something with dough like scones and that is about once in a blue moon (lol!) and then I put it in a cup in the kitchen cupboard!
I really sympathize with you and I hope you find it! Retrace and retrace your steps, I am sure it will turn up!

loonyhiker said...

Sorry about your ring. I hope it turns up. I lose lots of things and try not to panic. I never tell my hubby until about 2 weeks pass and then I'm frantic. Most things reappear by then and I try to blame it on the ghost who lives in our house.