Friday, March 23, 2007

Letter of the Day is "G"

1. Girls. I have 2 girls. They are not identical and their personalities are way different too. Both are little princesses in their own special way.

Naomi. She is the baby. She is very demanding and serious. She also whines all day long especially when she wants something or if one of the other two are taking her toys away or bothering her. She also tattletales. She is the first one to tell you something is wrong and who did it.
Victoria. She is the oldest triplet. She is the most vocal. You can actually have a conversation with her and she will talk back to you. She also now sings songs along with you. She loves that song 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. She counts to five. She likes to tease her sister and take her toys away so I call her my little antagonizer.


2. Garage. We have a 2 car garage. Before the triplets were born I was able to get both my car and my husband's car in the garage but now that they are here the extra equipment that came with the triplets takes up one of the car spaces. So my husband's car is in our driveway. My goal this summer is to get rid of the extra strollers, high chairs, other things in the garage to get the car back into it. I will either sell on e-bay or go to a consignment shop with all this stuff. I can't give it to my sister since my niece has already outgrown this stuff.

3. Gates. I have 3 gates in my house. One which separates my dining room from my kitchen. Another which is at the bottom of the steps and the 3rd is a very long one which separates the foyer from the family room. These gates are necessary to keep the triplets confined to 1/2 of the first floor. They have access to the kitchen, family room, bathroom, and play room during the day time.

4. Garbage. Why are the triplets so fascinated with the garbage? I have to keep the garbage pail up on top of my kitchen island because little hands keep taking things out of the garbage. I tried today to keep it down on the floor yet again they managed to put their toys in it and then take things out that they weren't supposed to. You would think by age 2 1/2 they wouldn't do that any more. So again up on top of the island it went.

Another thing about garbage. Why is it only 50 % of the time my husband will remember to take it out to the curb. When I wake up at 8 am and here the truck it's already too late to run out the pails that are filled with garbage and dirty diapers. I so hate when he misses a pick up because then our garage reeks from the smell of diapers! Yuck.

5. Goat. What is it about goats? I rented this book called, "On Top of Spaghetti" by Paul Brett Johnson. While reading it every time I turn the page the triplets say "Who's that?" and point to the goat. I tell them it's a goat every day. You would think they would remember what the animal was after repeating it page after page. Okay, it is a funny looking cartoon character picture of a goat in that book.

6. Green. Well, the other day story time at the library theme was "It's Not Easy Being Green". I really thought that she would read books about frogs or the grinch. But she read books about St. Patricks Day instead. Silly me forgot that St. Patricks day was approaching. Anyway, the kids had fun making shamrocks with tissue paper.

7. Giraffe. When the triplets first saw a giraffe at the safari last summer Naomi kept screaming and holding her head. I just don't know why? Maybe she was scared of them because they were so tall. They actually came up to the car and she was screaming. Wonder if she will do that again this year when we go to the safari again.

8. Guitar. Bet you didn't know that when I was younger I took guitar lessons? I did it for a year. It didn't stick though. Didn't like the callouses it formed on my hands. I couldn't play anything now though.

9. Girl Scout. When I was little I was in the girl scouts. I started out as a brownie and then went into the girl scouts. It was something I enjoyed doing. I liked earning the different badges and doing all the arts and crafts. I hope when my children get older they too join the girl scouts and boy scouts. It would be fun to be a scout leader. Bet I volunteer when it is time for my children to join.

10. Geese. We saw some geese at the lake near the library the other day. I told my kids they were ducks. I guess because they know how to say ducks and that ducks say quack quack. I should have corrected myself and told them they are geese. The next time we are out I will tell them and show them the difference.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oh my! lots of "g's"! great job! i remember when my twins were little-they too loved the garbage. i had to check it hourly to make sure nothing new was added. good luck and keep *G*rinning!