Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Life

It's been a bit hectic the last couple of days. Today my day didn't end until midnight! Since we had the day light savings time the bedtime for the triplets has been moved slightly. It used to be 7 pm but now that the sun is still shining at 7 we aren't going to bed until 7:30 - 8 which has been putting a damper on my free time. After cleaning up the kitchen and sitting down to make out my shopping list it was 9 pm. Off to the supermarket to do my shopping. Why do shopping trips take me 2 hours? Even with a shopping list and meals planned why did I spend more than I normally do? I thought meal planning would help? I always wind up with 2 shopping carts filled with food. What is the secret of just getting one cart? I came home at 11 pm and then putting all the groceries away and cleaning out the fridge it is now midnight! Check my e-mails takes another hour. Guess I won't be going to bed at a decent hour! Tomorrow is a big day. We are going to the library for sing/dance and then back home for lunch/nap and then off again to the park for a National Reserve animal see and touch with the MOMS club. I wasn't going to do both but then decided that my kids would love to see the animals and just don't want them missing out. Well, off to bed I should be heading now as I have a crock pot meal planned for tomorrow yet I have to do some prep work beforehand. Why did I pick a recipe that requires more work? Hey, at least I planned 5 meals for this week which is a big to do as I hardly ever plan meals and have all the ingredients. Planning meals is a major issue that I need to resolve to make my life easier. Next month the MOMS club night out will be at the super supers. This is something new in our area where you can make meals and then bring them home to freeze for the week. It cost a lot but hey, they do all the shopping and it will be only 2 hours to prepare all these meals. Can't wait!

No comments: