Friday, March 02, 2007

Am I missing out?

The other day I was at a carnival with the children celebrating Purim and there I was with the camera in my hand snapping picture after picture of my children having fun with all the games and jumping in the blow up thing. Well, while I was taking photos I hear two woman talking right next to me. One says, "I forgot my camera, I always forget my camera." The other one says, "I never bring my camera because if I do I feel like I miss out on the activities". Okay, am I missing out? This statement just seems to be bothering me I just don't know why. I tend to take my camera everywhere and I'm always snapping photos. Even as a child I had a camera in my hand and was teased about it at family events. What do you all think about the statement above? Do you think I'm crazy for making this bother me?

1 comment:

KelMur & Co. said...

Hey Laura, I am soooo impressed with how much scrapping you're getting done! Every time I check out your layouts, I think I'll go get on some of mine but it never happens!

I sometimes feel the same way as the person who doesn't like to bring a camera. That hasn't stopped me from bringing one along though! I have felt on some occasions that I was soooo busy 'recording' the moment that I wasn't really part of it. Watching through the lense doesn't always feel the same as just sitting back & observing with my eyes. Now I try and do a bit of both so I can preserve the memory but also remember being part of it.

Keep up the good work & don't let other people's comments get to you. To each her own!

Kelly (TQ Group)