Monday, March 26, 2007

Remembering Childhood

List five childhood accomplishments (straight A's, training the dog, etc.).
1. Regents Diploma (high school)
2. Honor Roll (middle school)
3. Graduated 6 months early (high school)
4. Was on the Year Book Committee (high school)
5. Fell head over heals in Love (high school - my husband)

And..list five favorite childhood foods - get one of those this week.
1. Homemade Chicken Rice Soup - this was made from my first boyfriend's mother. I never got her recipe.
2. Very thin pancakes with butter and sugar rolled up. My next door neighbor made this for me often. It was my favorite. To this day I still put butter and sugar on my pancakes, however, I can never get them very thin as I remembered them.
3. Pizza. I remember doing a lot of take out when I was younger because my mom did not cook. My dad did cook and still does. I guess that's why I like to do take out myself but lately we are trying to cut back on our expenses as this way of living is way too expensive.
4. Soft Pretzel. While in high school I would live on the soft pretzels that were sold right outside the gym area. They were just regular soft pretzels with salt on them. Today you can find them with all different types of toppings. Now, I'm craving a pretzel.
5. Tea Tassies cookies. During the Christmas holidays I remember making tons of different cookies with my dad. It was a tradition that we did every year. My favorite cookie was the tea tassies. It was a recipe that I had gotten from my friend Paulette's Mom back in middle school. I still have that recipe somewhere and occasionally make it during the holiday time. Actually, my sister made it this past holiday.

No comments: