Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wrong Time in History

Tue Blog Prompt 1/29

Have you ever thought (or been told) that you were born in the wrong time? When in history do you think you would best 'fit in'?
__________________
I have never been told I was born in the wrong era. I was born in the 1970's. In the 80's I had the wild hair that everyone had. I wore those bright colors that everyone wore and had my nails matching those bright colors. I also wore leg warmers and who remembers those rubber shoes with the holes in them.

But if I had to choose a time in history where I think I'd be able to fit in it would have to be the 1940's. During the Great Depression women were quilting more for the companionship it provided through church or other sewing groups. They didn't have computers to occupy their time. I know I would have been good at quilting since that's what I enjoyed doing before scrapbooking and would enjoy the friendships between woman. I would fit right in.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

It definitely sounds like a simpler time and that appeals greatly to me too.

Unknown said...

Much simpler and much harder as well. But the companionship, ahhh. Nothing like today, where everything is passed via email (even Pan and I email one another from one room in the house to the other).

loonyhiker said...

You are so talented. I couldn't imagine doing quilting. I am trying to picture you with wild hair....just can't do it! lol