Monday, January 14, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Last week's menu was changed a bit because of our schedule. Review of last weeks recipes. (You can find the recipes to these in my last Monday's post). Steak Pizzaiola - got only 2 stars out of 4. My husband said he liked the sauce but not with flank steak. He told me to keep the recipe and maybe try it next time with chicken. Broccoli & Sausage Cavatelli - Got 4 stars. It's a KEEPER. Not only did I get my son to eat broccoli I caught my husband eating it too. I made the meal using fresh steamed broccoli as it was on sale and spiral pasta. Beef Bruschetta Skillet is going in the trash can. The kids and I both didn't like it. I made the lemon chicken tonight and it was okay giving it a 3 star. Actually got the kids to eat red peppers probably because it was very sweet. My husband said it was okay. I did not make the marinated feta cheese spread. I'll include that again in this weeks menu.

Monday - Lemon Chicken with white rice (see last monday for recipe) *** rating above

Tuesday - Mom's Chilighetti (New Recipe)

Wednesday - Fast Chicken and Dumplings by Rachael Ray (New Recipe)

Thurs - Kathy's Whole Slow Cook Chicken (see last Monday for recipe). Since I didn't make it last week it's again on my list as I have a whole chicken in my freezer waiting to be cooked.

Friday - Brocciola (new recipe) I have made something similar to this before. My husband keeps getting this very thin beef.

Saturday - Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast (New Recipe trying crock pot again. Hope it's good).

Sunday - Sweet and Sour Meatballs with white rice (See last monday for recipe) (Husband's favorite)

Why does it take me over an hour to pick out recipes? I'm always adding new recipes to my wanting to make list. Hope this gets quicker as I do these.

1 comment:

D said...

We've liked that slow cooker roast recipe from all recipes. The meat just falls apart. Very tender. I usually have success with the all recipes recipes as long as they are tried and true- over 100 reviews with a 4.5 to 5 star rating. I always read a few comments to make sure people aren't giving it 5 stars after they change half of the recipe though. That's the interesting part of that site- the reviews aren't always for the recipe posted... :)