Friday, January 11, 2008

Moments 2007

Fri Blog Prompt 1/11

Describe some of your moments from this past year.

January 07
The children were getting speech help from a speech therapist until the state of NJ wanted to bill us $350 more a month for the service which we could not afford. We discontinued service. Jan 29th was the last day of speech where she did a revaluation. Victoria passed. Justin and Naomi were still behind. The therapist said they weren't very behind just slightly behind and she said they should catch up with the other kids their age by the time they go to preschool. Praying she is right.

February 07
I participated in the Regional MOMS Club luncheon committee. It was a lot of work. I had to catch up on all the scrapbooking since no one was doing it prior. I also had to help design the tri-fold for our table display.

I also turned 37. I celebrated at a MOMS Night out at a spa where I got a full body massage and manicure. I so deserved the pampering.

March 07
Regional Luncheon for MOMs Club was a lot of fun. There were only about 6 of us who went. Stacy won a gift in the raffle. The raffles were amazing. There were tons of raffle prizes way over $200. There were prizes for both children and adults.

Evan turns 37. We take him out to dinner to celebrate.

The children enjoyed their first egg hunt at the park. They had so much fun putting eggs in their baskets.

April 07
We took the kids to see Sesame Street Live. This was also on my father's birthday so we went out to dinner after the show. The kids loved the show. We went with a group from the MOMS Club.

I had my first Mammogram. They sent me at age 37 because I have a history of breast cancer in my family. The test was quick but uncomfortable. When you are small and they squash you it doesn't feel too great. Luckily the test came back fine.

May 07
We went to the Philadelphia zoo with the MOMS Club. My mom also came with us.

For Mother's Day we all went out to a restaurant near my parents house. It was nice to eat as a big family. Hopefully they will do something again next year.

June 07
We went to the sprayground water fun park. Luckily my mom came along since Justin was deathly afraid of the water so she took Justin to the playground while I watched the girls.

July 07
We went to the annual triplet picnic at Veterans Park 2 times. The first time we arrived and it poured like cats and dogs so it was canceled for the day. The 2nd time the kids had a blast going through all the stuff that was being given away such as books, clothes, puzzles, toys. We took home some much needed clothing and some preschool activity books.

August 07
The kids turned 3. We had a party at our house. Miss Amy came to entertain the kids and the theme was the mouse from the movie Ratatouille

We went to Sesame Place with my SIL and BIL. No, my husband did not attend. He never goes to any events. Luckily my SIL helped with the kids. The children were deathly afraid of the characters and cried and screamed. They did love the water. Naomi was the brave one and went on the water tube herself. Hopefully next year they won't be so afraid.

September 07
The kids start preschool 2 1/2 days a week. I return to work doing accounting while the kids are in school. Making not even enough to pay for their schooling but it helps towards their fee.

I taught a Stampin' Up class for Cori in exchange for hosting a jewelry party. Unfortunately, not much was made during this class. Not one person ordered that night. She did get 2 or 3 orders after the party but that still didn't equal enough for a party so I wound up ordering more myself so she could get benefits. I really don't know why I even bother.

I joined another MOPS this year. My friend Jenn from the MOMS Club is the leader of this one. The kids enjoy playing while I go to the meetings. I don't think I will be able to attend MOPS next year since the kids will be going to preschool M,W and F.

We decorated with fruit at Mindi's to celebrate the Festival of the Harvest - Sukkot. We tied fruit and veggies to strings and hung it on her tent like covering over her patio.

The girls started dance. They are taking ballet and tap once a week. They are so cute wearing their little dresses.

October 07
The kids went apple picking at Lees Turkey Farm. Cousin Amanda also came with us.

2 hayrides. One was with my husband. It is the only event that he does attend each year. It is something I started with him way before the kids were born. I look forward to it every year since he attends too. This year Cousin Alexa also came with us.

The day before Halloween we went trick or treating at my sister's house. We all dressed like pirates. We decided to sleep over. At 11 pm that night I received a phone call from my husband saying my cat wasn't moving. He was on the landing of my stairs with his eyes open and not responding to anything. My husband turned him over and found a pretzel bag wedged in his throat. It was too late. He was gone. It was a tragic death. On Halloween day my husband had him cremated. I never got to say goodbye. I explained to the kids that he went to the rainbow bridge. Halloween will never be the same.

November 07
We hosted Thanksgiving at our house. Unfortunately, my SIL did not attend nor did my grandfather. My sister and BIL, grandma and my parents and in-laws were here. Everyone brought something and I did cook a couple side dishes and desserts. My parents gave us the turkey.

December 07
Hanukkah was so early this year. Luckily our holiday was done way before Christmas so the kids got all their gifts early. They each got their own computer and desks plus other toys.

I go to my doctor for my yearly check up and tell her how I have been feeling and she feels that I maybe suffering from anxiety and depression. She prescribed me some medication for my anxiety but says that I can't use it when I need to drive somewhere. So I haven't taken it because every day I have something to do. Don't want to be out of commission. I will have to work it out myself. She also suggested I exercise. So I joined a gym that will open in January.

Two days before Christmas my mom offers to take the kids to give me some time alone. I wind up cooking for Christmas. Christmas day we go to pick up the kids to go to my sisters and they are sick. So sick that they didn't even great us at the door. They were lethargic and all had fevers. We went to my sisters with Naomi only while my mom watched the other two and we had to leave early so my mom could have dinner and we got the kids home. We took them to the doctor when Naomi wound up with a 104 fever. All had double ear infections.

Finally Project 365 in 2008 - Day 11
This is my scrapbook room. This is what you see when you open up the door. I'm a bit embarrassed as it is so messy. There is stuff all over the counter tops and floors. It so needs a decluttering! If only I had the time to clean it up. So maybe 2008 will be the time when I get this room straightened up so I can use the room again. I haven't gone in my room for a while since I now do most of my stuff digitally.

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Wow! What a busy year! I am so impressed that you have the energy to do all that you do! I can only imagine how hard things can get for you. Remember you are in my thoughts and prayers often!

Unknown said...

Loved your recap and it will be a great reminder for you with scrapbooking. And don't feel bad about the scrap room, you should see mine, LOL.