Monday, January 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Can you believe I have made it 2 weeks now menu planning? It's amazing. It takes me about an hour to plan the meals and it saves so much time during the week as I know exactly what we are having and check the calendar the night before so I can defrost the meat. I think there was only one night I forgot to check and had to use the microwave to defrost but no big deal.

Previews from last weeks menu (all recipes can be found in my last monday's post):
Monday's lemon chicken. It turned out okay. I probably will put that in the rotation again. Tuesday - Mom's Chilighetti. It was a big hit. The kids loved spaghetti and my husband loved having it alone with cheese, of course. A KEEPER. The fast chicken and dumplings (will not make it again). It was way too much bread. The Bracciola came out okay as well. My husband buys a lot of that thin meat so I may use that as one of the recipes for when he purchases that meat. Awesome slow cooker pot roast. Came out really good. The meat was a little dry but the gravy really saved this meal. I made steamed broccoli with baked potatoes which was really good to go with it.

Now for this week's menu
Monday - I took out chop meat as that's the only thing I had in the freezer left. Going shopping tonight. I think I may make Monday's my grocery shopping day. Last week my daughter picked out hamburger helper so I think I'm just going to make that tonight to make it easy on me since I plan on grocery shopping at night after the kids go to bed.

Tues - Sherry Sour Cream Chicken (NEW) and Carrot Souffle (NEW recipe below)

Wed - Ultimate Beef Jerky (***needs to marinate)****NEW) and Spinach Brownies (NEW)

Thurs- filet mignon (husband's turn to cook) - Kids will have chicken nuggets.

Fri-Baked Slow Cook Chicken (NEW) and salad

Sat-chicken burgers with french fries

Sun-Sweet and Sour Meatballs (AGAIN husband's favorite)

Chasen’s Carrot Soufflé by MomLid

• 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons butter -- room temperature
For the soufflé:
• 1 pound carrots, cooked -- until tender
• 3 eggs
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter -- melted
• Dash of nutmeg
• Pinch of salt -- (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the topping:
1. Combine the crushed corn flakes or walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Set aside.
2. Puree the cooked carrots and the eggs in a blender (do not use a food processor).
3. Add the sugar, flour, vanilla, butter, nutmeg and salt and blend.
4. Pour into a 1 1/2-quart pan or soufflé dish and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Spread the topping over the soufflé and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer, until the topping is lightly browned.

No comments: