Friday, January 18, 2008

Laughter is Hardly Here

Fri Blog Prompt 1/18

What kinds of humor do you enjoy the most? Tell us what makes you laugh!

I haven't laughed in a long time. Most of the time I'm just trying to get through the day. Just the other day I cracked up laughing so hard that tears ran out of my eyes. Why was I laughing? Let me give you a little background before telling you what happened. My husband has never changed a diaper. Yes, that's right I have triplets and I changed all the diapers along with my mom who helped in the beginning. He just can't handle the smell or thought of poop. Okay, now back to the situation:

My husband is in the kitchen. He's giving the kids treats. Along runs in Victoria with her potty bowl. My husband says, "What's that smell?" I stand on the side not helping out but just watching. Victoria pushes her bowl out in front of her and says, "Daddy, Look." My husband bends down to look at what's in the bowl and starts gagging and runs out of the room. Here I am laughing so hard that the tears are running down my face. It was hysterical. I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

I know it's gross sorry.

6 comments:

loonyhiker said...

This had me laughing! My husband was the same way with our grandchildren. Any time a diaper needed changing, it was time to give the kids away to someone else!

Glynis said...

LOL Yes, it's gross, but it's life! Hey, if we didn't find the humor in every part of life, it would be pretty rough, wouldn't it? :)

cajunsis said...

OH MY GOSH, I would have been laughing too! I cannot believe you changed all those diapers by yourself. Laura! I cannot even imagine that! YIKERS! You are one strong woman and I admire you - you have come through like a trooper. I cannot believe you keep up - AND scrapbook.

Start letting yourself laugh - at the silly things those sweet babies say and silly things you think about. Life is too short for seriousness. Be silly with the little ones. Dance, giggle and enjoy every moment.

Love ya! Euvah

cajunsis said...

OH MY GOSH! I would have been busting my butt laughing too! I cannot believe he has not changed even one diaper! Laura, how do you do it?? I cannot even imagine! I admire you so much; you have triplets, a daily blog and you scrapbook too! How do you do it?

Find time for laughter. Do silly things with the children, laugh at their antics, and smile with them. Life is too short for no laughter - make it happen!

Love ya, Euvah

cajunsis said...

Delete the others - I thought it had just 'lost' them! rofl... guess you have the idea.

Love ya, Euvah

Sandra said...

I love it.

Reality check...Sh*t happens.

Great story.