Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Project 365 in 2008 - Photo of the Day 21

Mon Blog Prompt 1/21

Finish the sentence 'Today I would like ...'. to save money. My plan was to go food shopping after the kids went to bed. This time I preplanned my shopping trip. I sat with all the flyers from all the stores I shop at. I planned out 2 stores and pulled out coupons for each store. Comparing prices to see where I would get the best deals. I used envelopes and wrote on the outside what was on sale and if I had a coupon enclosed. I also planned my meals around the sales too.

My first stop was at Rite Aid. I bought mostly cleaning supplies and health and beauty products all of which I had a coupon for. Some of the things they had on sale was buy one get one. I saved 11.55 and I need to go to Rite Aid's website to get an additional rebate of $3. Then off to shoprite where I got the rest of our groceries. I didn't know that some coupons you were only allowed one per customer so I had to split my order in two. My big order I saved 51.92 paying only $200. My 2nd order I paid $6 saving $7.20. So I saved $70.67. It's the most I have ever saved! I normally save about $15-$30 per week in coupons.

I also mailed in $35 worth of rebates. I am determined to get my grocery bills down. $800-$1,000 a month is horrible. That total doesn't even include eating out! In February I have 2 coupon playdates with the MOMS Club so I'm hoping to trade and save more.

Now for the Photo of the Day:

The kids went to their first Wacky Gym class today. Nanny and Pop Pop gave them 20 classes for Christmas. They had a blast running around. They played soccer today. They were the only ones in the class. Another little girl was supposed to be there but didn't show up.

2 comments:

D said...

Congrats on saving so much money! Sounds like you put a lot of hard work into it but it paid off!

i want to put my son in some kind of gym class- sounds like sooo much fun!

Glynis said...

Saving money is definitely a worthy goal. It's tough, but worth it. And I love that photo of the day!