Thursday, January 03, 2008

Project 365 in 2008 - Photo of the Day 3

Photo of the Day 3. What's for dinner? This is my crock pot. Today is a busy day. The kids return to school and I return to work. Then we have a play date in the afternoon. So I decided to take out the crock pot for our dinner. I don't like using the crock pot because most of the time the meals come out horrible. I have found only one recipe that I can repeat. I am trying a new recipe today. It is called Crockpot Beef Casserole. Now, I don't know how it's going to come out since my husband hates mushrooms so I left the extra mushrooms out and the meat I had in the freezer was dated May 2007. It's now 2:30 pm and the house smells really good but I'm afraid the meal will be awful. So while I'm writing this I'm boiling water for pasta. I had extra Ricotta cheese in my fridge left over from the Christmas cookies I made so I am making Baked Ziti as a fall back on meal just in case the crock pot meal is a disaster.

Thur 1/3 Blog Prompt

New Year, New You #3

Is there something that you used to do and enjoy that you would like to start doing again? Tell us about it.

I would love to be able to have some time to read a book. I used to read books when I was traveling to work via train from NJ to NY but now that I'm home I haven't read a book in a long time. When I was reading I would read books by author. I would also collect many books from the same authors. My favorites were Danielle Steele, LaVyrle Spencer, Nora Roberts, VC Andrews and John Grisham.

Another thing I used to do was quilting. I'd like to make quilts for my children but again the time factor. There just isn't enough time in a day to complete everything I'd like to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the photo of the pot.

I love to read as well. I have got to a stage where I have to read to get to sleep at night so I do get to do some reading. I like the same authors as you.

Glynis said...

It's the truth that if I could have one thing it would be more time in the day!!