Monday, January 28, 2008

Last week didn't go as planned. I wound up doing a bit of shuffling with the recipes because of guests and going out to eat one night. So chicken burgers was left over and will be made for tonight. My review of my recipes from last week. Sherry Sour Cream Chicken was a big flop. However, the carrot souffle was really good. My kids and husband didn't like it but I did. Ultimate Beef Jerky turned out pretty well. My husband liked it. The spinache brownies was a big hit. KEEPER. Not only did I eat it but my mom liked it and my son liked it. Of course, he really liked when we sang the "Popie the Sailor Man" while he ate it. The Baked slow cook chicken was okay. A little dry though.

Now for this week's menu
Monday - Chicken Burgers and Fries (left over from last weeks menu)

Tues - Meatloaf and mashed potatoes

Wed- Whiskey Steak and corn

Thurs - Tater Tot Casserole by The Four Ingredient Cookbook by Linda Coffee and Emily Cale (Family favorite especially the kids. I serve it with ketchup for dipping).
2 pounds of ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 package (2 pounds) frozen tater tots

Pat ground beef in bottom of a greased 13 x 9 x 2 pan. Spread soup over meat and cover with grated cheese. Top with tater tots. Bake at 350 degrees covered 45 minutes and uncovered fro 15 minutes. Serves 8-10


Fri - Garlic Prime Rib and Lemon Broccoli Pasta

Sat - Homemade Chicken Soup

Sun - Barbecued Meatballs (Another favorite)

Many thanks to Laura at The Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Mondays!

No comments: