Friday, January 05, 2007

Sleeping Style

Describe your sleeping style. Are you a side sleeper, snoring on your back sleeper, wake at the slightest sound sleeper, sprall across the bed and sleep through an earthquake sleeper? Spill your secrets! (Keep it family friendly, girls!)

I sleep on my right side curled up in like a c position. If I try to sleep any other way I will toss and turn for a while. As far as I know I do not snore. I, however, wake up very easily. The room has to be dark. Once the sun shines through I wake up no matter what time I went to bed that night. I also have to sleep with a fan on to eliminate the outside noise.

Sleeping with the children is so uncomfortable. I always wake up with a sore back as they tend to take up half the bed. This does not happen all the time but occasionally one of them would want Mommy to stay with them while they sleep. Normally, they sleep in their own bed or crib. If one has slept in my bed the night before I become exhausted during the day and so need a nap. Acutally, lately I've been taking naps every day because I stay up late to get things done that I can't get done while the children are awake.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i have no kids to share a bed with but i would guess its much the same as trying to sleep while my 40 kilo boxer pup trys to take over the bed.....she only ever gets an hour or two sleep before i turf her out. shes a major bed hog.

Sandra said...

I've woken with a cold, small foot in my face once or twice.

Sweet post.

Glynis said...

Moms NEED their sleep...you have to know how to get it and you seem to have the secret.

Denise said...

Naps are healthy, so keep on taking them!

Joy said...

Sleep is a wonderful thing and Mom's with young children never seem to get enough of it.

Joy said...

Sleep is a wonderful thing and Mom's with young children never seem to get enough of it.

Anonymous said...

My girls are terrible to sleep with too. Thankfully, it has not had to happen very often!

Michelle said...

we never let the kids sleep with us just for that reason...kept a sleeping bag next to the bed for years. many times my arm fell asleep from holding that little hand 'til they went to sleep. but now naps, naps are just a reward! keep taking them!

dapupsmom said...

An afternoon nap is so refreshing, isn't it? Gives a whole new outlook to the rest of the day!