Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Ha Moment


What has been your biggest A HA moment while blogging or journaling? What have you learned about yourself???

To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted. ~George Kneller

My blog is used for therapy mostly. It is an outlet where I can be myself. Where I can share both my creativeness plus my thoughts and feelings. Where I am not a mom, not a wife, no just ME! Day to day I run a chaotic scheduled life. At night after the children are in bed I look forward to just me time. It's a time for me to unwind from the day and to relax as I know the next day will be just as chaotic. Yes, I do have a husband, however, he's constantly working to support our family so he's not much help with the children and when he does help it's very appreciated even if it's just to get them a drink or a snack. Every little bit helps to relieve the stress that I feel day after day. Yes, I feel overwhelmed most of the time and sometimes think about running away or dream of a vacation without the children. I am thankful that my children are healthy and that my husband tries to buy us whatever we need or want. It is a blessing that he can do this for us but what is the price he is paying to do so? He doesn't have much time to spend with the children or me for that matter. I feel very alone and as I said blogging and scrapbooking helps me to try to forget these feelings.

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Blogging is fantastic therapy, isn't it? And I hadn't thought about it, but here I'm not someone's wife or someone's mom, I'm me...thanks for reminding me!

Unknown said...

I realize how hard it is for you, but it will pass in time and things will get easier. Glad that you have found blogging and that it gives you a chance to see yourself.

Michelle said...

i can so relate to where you are at! when i had my twins my girls were 1 and 2. our lives were crazy, chaotic, and down right nuts. everyone said it would get better and i didn't believe them. but, guess what? it does! do what you have to do to get thru the day, use your "me time" to re-group and soon, very soon, it will get better! good luck!

loonyhiker said...

I love the cartoon on your blog! It really had me laffing (which I really needed this evening). I know that sometimes pouring my guts out in my blog really helps. My "friends" who read it don't judge me and accept me for who I am. I feel that way about you. Glad you have an outlet for your feelings!