Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Kindness of a Stranger

Describe a time when you have benefitted from the kindness of a stranger. Most of the time people are rude. Maybe I just notice it more now that I have the triplets. Maybe because we stick out like a sore thumb when we are in public and the comments from strangers are down right rude like "I'd rather be dead to have triplets", or "You must have your hands full", or "Here comes the bus" etc. etc. Sometimes I'd rather just stay at home then to deal with the public. Sorry to go off subject. Okay, when did I benefit from the kindness of a stranger? The only thing I can think of is when someone holds the door for us when we are going places like to the library or a store. No, wait! There was this one time that I took the triplets to Wendy's by myself for lunch. Yes, we are now going inside to eat instead of the drive through. Well, on my way out I had to hold the triplets hands plus hold my husband's lunch. Okay, how in the world can I hold 3 children's hands and plus hold lunch too? I was struggling at the door and a woman and her husband were going out and she offered to walk us to the car and hold one of my child's hands. Now, normally I would be very suspicious but she seemed very nice and she even told me that she was a grandmother of twins so she knew what I was going through. Anyway, she walked us to the car and waited until I got all the kids into the car safely before she went off to meet her husband who was already in their car waiting for her. That woman was like a real angel to me in my time of need.

1 comment:

carin.c said...

Sounds like she showed up at just the right time.