Saturday, January 27, 2007

Another Rough Day

Anyway wanted to vent. Had a rough day. Lets see. It happened again last night at 2 am. Victoria starting coughing yet it was like a muffled cough. I ran to her room to see what was going on. She was sleeping. I turned on the light and a fountain of throw up came out of her mouth. It was awful. I had to pick her up and turn her so it would go out onto her bed even though she already was covered in it. There I am holding my breath not to gag myself. Meanwhile, Naomi wakes up and starts screaming. I call my husband to come up and help. He starts gagging too but at least he gets me the cleaning supplies and takes Naomi out of the room into our bedroom.

I clean up the mess, open up the windows and lysol their bedroom. Meanwhile Victoria is sitting on the floor wrapped in a blanket full of throw up. I carry her down to give her a bath. Well, when I left the kitchen the sink was clean of dishes and empty but not now. So I tell her stand there while mommy gets the sink clean so I can give you a bath. She's asking for medicine. I give her pedialyte.

I finally get the sink clean and get Victoria in and scrub her down to get the stuff out of her hair and telling her that we need to make her smell like roses again. Poor kid. It's been a rough week for her. This is the 3rd time this week she has had this virus or whatever it is.

So after she's all clean and I blow dry her hair it's now 3-3:30 I can't remember. She won't sleep in her crib so she winds up in my bed. I get hit in the face a couple of times as she sleeps like she's on the cross with her arms out on both sides. Dont' forget Naomi is in the bed too.

5 am DH decides he wants to go to bed. So he wakes me up and we try to bring the girls to their room. Big mistake. they start screaming and crying and wont' go into their cribs. This noise wakes up Jusin who is in his room. So they wind up back into my bed. DH gets all made and sleeps on the couch. It was his doing putting them into our bed in the first place so serves him right. He! He!

7 am the girls wake up and guess what they won't stay put. they get up and jump on the bed and wake me up. I'm exhausted at this point. I bring them down as theres no point in going back to sleep at this point. the entire time I'm praying we make it to lunch time.

No throwing up. Around 10 or so Justin goes to the potty and poohs. Stands up and says Yeah! Then he says not done! Sits on another potty and pees. Great job. this is without me asking him if he has to go or not.

by 11 - 11:30 they start to act really cranky and I just had it with the whining. I feed them lunch at 12 and up to naps they go. I eat my lunch and then lay down for a much needed nap myself.

3pm Justin prances into my bedroom (he undid the child safety doorknob again). He's in a different pair of pants and no shirt. I ask him where's your shirt? We go back to his room. Where I almost lost it. He pooped. Took off his diaper and decided to decorate the walls, window, shade and rug with it. Oh, it was a total nightmare! Meanwhile, Naomi wakes up and she's screaming in the other room to get out of her crib. It took me about 45 minutes to clean up the mess in his room holding my breath again.

The whole time I'm praying I make it to 7 (bedtime).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Days like that really take it out of you. I hope your children get better soon.