Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Collect Unusual Things?

Does anyone you know collect unusual things or have an excessive amount of something? Do you? My mother would say that my collection of scrapbooking supplies is very excessive since it takes up my entire office. Not only do I have things in my closet, things on tables, things in my desk the room is filled from floor to ceiling with supplies! However, to a scrapbooker they would say that the amount that I have is the usual amount for a scrapbooking addict. But now that I am mostly digital I really don't know why I keep everything. I guess I'm just hoping that my children will be able to use all the papers and embellishments when they get older. At least one of my children I'm hoping will continue my addiction of preserving memories.

As for collecting unusual things my husband collects empty altoid boxes. For what? I don't know. I think he's just too lazy to throw them away. Whenever I go into his office I can always find about a dozen of these empty boxes scattered all over his desk. In addition to the boxes, I can always find empty soda cans and dirty cups among the strange and unsual things he collects throughout the week. He works in our basement office and tends to bring things down but never returns them to be washed. So there are times when my kitchen cabinets are empty because he has all the glasses from his daily trips to his office.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

What an engaging and eloquent writer you are!

I loved your anecdotes about the accidental Altoids Tin Collection and the empty cupboards.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Glynis said...

Scrapbooking supplies are a MUST, aren't they? And I've never done it, but lots of people make beautiful little altered boxes out of the altoid tins. Maybe you could combine your collections :)

Unknown said...

Oh Popular Science had an article on how to make a cell phone charger out of altoid tins. Maybe this is what he is saving them for :)

Denise said...

I'm with glynis on the suggestion of altiod tin boxes... they make great gifts!

loonyhiker said...

My hubby would say that the altoid boxes is an "investment" and may be worth lots of money 50 years from now. How many times have you seen something being sold for lots of money and wished you hadn't thrown it out as junk years ago!

dapupsmom said...

I understand you completely. We have an empty Altoid Tin drawer. Can't blame my hubby though. I usually have an Altoid when watching tv in the bedroom, and put the tin into the drawer so the dogs don't get to it. Instead of tossing the empty, I just add another when needed. Once 6 -7 accumulate, I toss them.
BUT, my hubby is the "leave the cups in the computer room" person in our house. It drives me nuts!!

carin.c said...

My husband used to do that with the glasses and coffee cups too.