Monday, January 22, 2007

Restaurants

Ordering at restaurants? Do you get the usual each time? Do you sample food from your friend's plate? Are you adventurous? And most importantly, do you save room for dessert?

Once a month I try to attend the triplet moms night out. The night out always consists of a dinner at a restaurant. I normally order the same things. I try to order meals that I can't cook myself that includes seafood, steak or a pasta dish. If I go out with my husband which is very rare I will occasionally swap meals with him but only if I didn't order seafood since he dislikes seafood. I am not adventurous but occasionally will order shellfish and then feel guilty about that afterwards. Being Jewish we are not allowed to eat any shellfish it's part of the Kosher laws. I almost always save room for dessert. My favorite would be a hot brownie with ice cream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is interesting to remember. I had forgotten the Jewish religion did not eat shellfish.