Thursday, January 18, 2007

M is for Mom

Journaling reads:
Many days I feel I am failing as a mother. I Fail to model self-control and I just lose it. This reaction my mom claims is a temper tantrum. I yell, I throw, I slam doors, I scream, I cry and when it’s all said and done, I am left with the overwhelming feeling of failure and regret. I do try to be a great mom. I have to face reality though. It is not easy raising triplets and I am not supermom. I’m a mom who does not always get the 8 hours sleep that is needed to keep me from losing it. A mom whose husband works 24/7 and I am left alone for one too many days. A mom who selfishly wants some time to herself. A mom who tries her hardest to give you all love equally. A mom who fears that every mistake I make as a parent will somehow cause you harm or you will love me less. A mom who battles self-control daily. So kids, the reality is that I am not perfect. Of course, by the time you read this you will have figured this out. I want you to never forget that I absolutely love being your mom and I will never stop striving to be the best one I can be.

Credits:
Cafe Noir by Lauren Bavin
Family Add on kit
by Lauren Bavin
Motherhood by Lisa Carter
Celtic Carve Freebie by Kim Liddiard
Beautiful Soul by Rene Bross
lriordan_chillin_brad
RachaelAH_SNL21_AlphaUpper
mrose-sophisticated-stickpintwo
Font: DSP Pat

2 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful. This is a very nice way to tell your children how you feel.

I could have written most of your journalling myself (except the triplets and the husband who works 24/7). {{HuGS}}

Unknown said...

What a wonderful page for your kids to see as they grow up. I love the fact that you were perfectly honest with them (and yourself) about how you feel. And you are doing just fine. Expect these moments and they are easier to handle. While I did not have triplets, my 'babies' were newborn, 1 and 3 with an ex who worked out of state 9-10 months of the year. So I can relate.