Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What sets you apart from the crowd?

Well, that's an easy question for me. I have 3 children (no not one, two, or twins even) their triplets. They were born all the same day. When we go out somewhere especially if I am alone you should hear the questions I get asked or the stares we receive. It's like we are the circus or I have three heads or something. And, of course, I'm not the mommy of Victoria or Justin or Naomi. People remember me as the "Triplet Mom". It's like I lost my idenity when I had the triplets. However, I am very over protective of my children. I tried for a very long time to have them so that maybe is the reason why I am protective. I just cannot relax when we are out in public. Always paranoid that they could get hurt or even worse get stollen. I have seen lots of moms who don't even watch their children and they wind up hurt.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh! I remember the days of stares...not so very long ago. We had 4 kids 2 and under. My favorite questions was: "are they all yours?" LOL! Have fun with them!

Karen said...

If it's any consolation, losing your identity is a function of having small children anyway. You become Sarah's Mum. Pretty much lasts until late teens, when you start to build a life that doesn't involve ferrying them around to various events. Sorry.

Glynis said...

I'm sure your family does stand out in a crowd...but in a good way! Just remember that most people don't intend to be rude...but that doesn't help much, does it?

Unknown said...

How lucky your children are to have you. That in itself sets you apart. I have to agree that there are just too many parents who do not seem to notice what their children are doing.

carin.c said...

I'm very protective also and I had my ds on my first try - was shopping yesterday and a little boy(under 2) sitting in a cart with no mother near was about ready to put one of those silicone packs in his mouth. I wouldn't let him out of my sight until I felt he was back in someone's watch. It took like 5 minutes and me asking several nearby women if they knew who he belonged to before I picked the right woman! Good thing I wasn't a child snatcher. It's better to be overprotective.