Friday, December 15, 2006

My Experience Today

Using your 5 senses (sight, sound, smell, touch, taste), what will/did you experience today? I stayed up really late last night putting together art desks for the children with my mother. My back, legs and hands were aching since the automatic screw driver died when we were putting together the first desk. Figures. There was 50 screws in each desk. So we put together 3 desks with a total of 150 screws by hand. My mom had a big blister on her hand. Mine is just sore. Anyway, I had only 4 hours of sleep because the children woke up and were screaming from seeing their new desk in the kitchen. To top it off my throat was a bit sore. I wound up taking Tylenol sore throat medication before we left for our big outing today. Because my nose is stuffed up I did not experience any smell today nor did I taste anything. After going out to lunch and taking the kids to the play area where they played all different types of things such as fishing with a magnetic fishing pole, tossing bean bags into a wooden board with holes in it, coloring, jumping in the moon bounce, playing puppets in the theatre, shopping and playing house. On the way back to the car I stopped in one of the gift shops to get something sweet to eat and when I returned my mother was all nervous because Justin was whining and when she looked down his ear didn't look very good. His ear was crusty and when she went to wipe it there was a pool of yellow liquid oozing out from his inner ear. We frantically walked back to the car and I called my husband for the pediatritians phone number. The doctor said that he may have had an ear infection (which his sister Naomi does have) and that it may have ruptured his ear drum. Since we were over an hour away from home the doctor called in our presciption and we have to go very early tomorrow morning to see him.

No comments: