Thursday, December 14, 2006

Peculiar Gift!

What's the most peculiar gift you've ever received? Describe what happened when you opened it and your reaction. At my bridal shower I received strange looking ball like bowls. It was really ugly looking blue glass with an iron like frame that they sat in. There were about 3 or 4 of these glass bowls. They were sort of like glass tube shaped. I had no idea what in the world it was. My husband didn't even know what it was. So, what did I do with it? Well, I tossed it in the trash can. I just didn't know what it was and thought it was so ugly and definately not my taste at all. Anyway, a couple of years later, I finally found out what it was. It was for candles. You would have thought that the person who gave us this gift would have included the candles in the original gift but since they didn't I had no idea what it was. Luckily they were from a distant relative so I didn't have to display them in our house nor did I hurt anyone's feelings that I got rid of them.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ah yes. The inevitable gift from the well meaning but, fortunatley, distant relative.

loonyhiker said...

Those are the kind of gifts you "regift"! hehe Maybe someone else would know a use for it.