Friday, December 08, 2006

How Old?

How old would you say you are, if you didn't actually know your age? I feel like I'm 50 yet I'm in my late 30's. Why would I say that I feel like 50? Well, I am very tired. Some people can't raise one toddler and can't imagine raising 3. I have 3 to raise. I am so wiped out by lunch time that when the triplets go down for their nap I too take a nap. I guess that's my secret for making it through the days and staying up late to get other things done. My eyes are starting to get black circles under them. Oh, I don't think that I could have raised triplets at age 50 though. I sure wish I was in my 20's with the triplets so I could enjoy them more. I just don't have the energy like a 20 year old has. The triplets are all over 23 pounds and since I lift them day in and day out and am constantly bending down to pick up things around the house that my body aches. My shoulders and back hurt. There are days I just can't sleep because the pain is really bad. You would think my middle name is Ben Gay because I wind up putting that on my back almost every night. I'm starting to get gray hair too. I so need a haircut and coloring. Oh and did I mention yet that I'm starting to lose my memory? This week I actually missed a triplet mom's night out which I was looking forward to and even RSVP'd saying I was going. I even had it circled on the calendar yet for some reason I completed spaced out and missed it. This is not the first time this has happened. This summer I even forgot about a speech therapist appointment for the kids. I sometimes don't know what day it is. I really need to start crossing the days off on the calendar.

No comments: