Saturday, December 09, 2006

What Do I Crave?

There are days when I crave junk food. I normally go for something salty but then I also have to have something sweet. Let's see what is my favorite salty snack food. I think the top of that list would be popcorn. No not the regular butter kind. I love the kettle corn kind. It is both salty and sweet at the same time. When I went to California for a scrapbook retreat over 5 years ago a friend of mine gave me some and I loved it. When I returned home to the East coast I frantically searched for it with no luck. My friend from Arizona mailed me a case of the microwave popcorn. Now, I can find it normally in the supermarket. Walmart still does not carry it but the supermarkets do.

I also love potato chips not really the plain kind. I like the salty vinegar kind. My husband tried it once and couldn't believe I liked it. But I tell you it's the only thing that if I buy it the bag will remain in the closet for when I have that craving because he won't touch it.

As for sweets. I love twizzlers. No not the regular kind you find in the store. It has to be the pull-n-peel kind. I think I purchase a bag almost every week when I go food shopping. I hate when they get stale though. I like when they are first opened and they are soft and chewy. The bag will last me a week usually if my husband doesn't get to it.

Besides that I think at least once a month during PMS time I crave brownies. I do not like cake like brownies. It has to be fudgy. The more sweet and fudgy the better. I so love it with nuts and frosting. I found the most fabulous recipe last month that I already made 2 batches of them and snacked on them often. The recipe is called Mississippi Mud Brownies.
I found the recipe at allrecipes.com.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I *love* kettle corn. I agree. Salty cravings are always followed by something sweet, preferably chocolate. Your post is making me hungry.

loonyhiker said...

I LOVE salt and vinegar potato chips. My hubby hates when I open a bag of them in the car though. lol And brownies are definitely a must too.