Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My Get Away

Where do you go when you want to get away from the pressures of life, family, work, etc. Since I am a stay at home mom I cannot get away from my children but lately I have been locking myself in the laundry room and shutting the door so they can't come in just to get a breather away from them especially if it is a rough day when they all are tantruming at the same time. The whining and crying can certainly get to you. It's like they know how to push your buttons until you have no patience and explode by screaming. So when this happens I try to distance myself from them for a few minutes just to relax. This is also when I sometimes run outside to get the mail. The fresh air and just that walk to the mailbox can certainly calm me. After they finally go to sleep I then go to my computer to wind down from the day. Checking e-mails or just scrapbooking tends to lower my blood pressure as well.

2 comments:

carin.c said...

I find fresh air a good stress buster as well - I should go for more walks.

Unknown said...

I was going to suggest that I trade Indy for your three; but I don't think that would be very fair to you. At least you have a laundry room to run to.