Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Digital Scrapbooking

Fill in the blank and then tell us about it:

I enjoy Digital Scrapbooking now, but if anyone had told me that years ago, I would never have believed them.

This is a totally true statement. A couple of years ago my husband tried to get me to go digital and I kept saying no. I was totally addicted to scrapbooking the paper kind that I just couldn't see myself going digital. My husband kept saying that digital was the way to go and that many others will follow but I guess I just did not believe him. He is always right about everything so why didn't I go digital back then? I guess I was afraid of change and all the money I have spent on papers and embellishments I didn't want to give up. When the triplets turned 2 years old this past August my husband bought me a laptop computer and I decided to take the plunge and downloaded adobe photoshop elements the trial version (30 days they give you free). In the 30 days I took tutorial after tutorial when the children were napping or sleeping. Since August I have not turned back to my regular paper scrapbooking and I have turned into a major digital scrapbooking junkie. I can't get enough of fonts, freebies, and I have been purchasing lots of stuff (which I really need to cut back on). But hey, it's been my major stress reliever. I have even started to make digital items. I have been carrying my laptop all over and find it way easier and faster than paper scrapping. I love the fact that I can take one piece of paper well I should say digital background and change the color to match my photos. I am a major perfectionist and always had to have my papers and things match my photos so doing this digital fits my perfectionism so much better. If I would have listened to my husband years ago I'm sure by now I probably would be a digital designer but right now it's at a slow pace just learning new things every now and then but hey, in 4 months I have come a very long way.

Honey, you are always RIGHT!

6 comments:

Beth said...

LOL!!

Tell him to print that out so he can always know he was right about something!!

Cute post and I TOTALLY agree with you!

loonyhiker said...

I could have put this too! I didn't start until January of this year so I am still new at this. I am not creative at all so this has been very exhilarating to know that I'm able to create something.

Tiffani said...

I discovered my digi creational powers back in 2000. I started using PSP for scrapbooking in 05 and haven't looked back.

Glynis said...

Yep, I resisted the change too, and for the same reasons...and now I have hundreds of dollars worth of stuff taking up room in my craft area and I'm getting ready to sell!

Unknown said...

Same here. Although I was doing a lot of graphic design for a newspaper, I had preferred paper scrapping. Once I quit work, I found I really liked doing it on the computer a lot better.

heather said...

Great post - it was only a few short months before I started digi that I was heard to announce that I could never see myself going digital! LOL Glad you've found this great hobby - I agree, it's something totally relaxing, yet absorbing (or is that addictive! LOL)