Sunday, February 04, 2007

Morning Pages

I started writing morning pages. What are morning pages? They are three pages written in longhand each morning. They are just a stream of conciousness. They can be whiney, gripey, or whatever comes. Morning Pages are not to be shared, they're just there for us.

To get a better feel for this - read any of the excerpts on Amazon with The Artist's Way - most contain info on the Morning Pages - one in particualr that's good is The Artist's Way Journal - click on the picture of the book to get to the excerpt:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...776745-4593424

I haven't written in my journal since 2002. I used to write from time to time not very consistent but occasionally I would write. While looking through my journal I came across this saying that I had put in there back in 1999. Just wanted to share what it says:

Is it time?
A child sat on Jesus' lap in the splendor of heaven. The child asked "Is it time?" Jesus parted the clouds, looked and said, "No, not yet child." The child asked "When will it be time?" Jesus replied "when lessons are learned, hardships endured and loneliness lived, then it will be time." Time passes. The child asked "Is it time?" Jesus parted the clouds, looked and said, "No, not yet child." The child asked "When will it be time?" Jesus replied, "When maturity is reached, self-worth affirmed and spirits stregthened, then it will be time." Time passed. The child asked "Is it time?" Jesus parted the clouds looked and said, "Their love is strong and their hearts are open, Yes, now it is time, Your parents are ready"

We finally had our triplets in 2004.

2 comments:

Glynis said...

Very very sweet...thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Goosebumps.... What a wonderful piece of journaling to share. How are you enjoying "The Journey"? I have found that 3 pages usually are just not enough and I almost wish I was going to be around when my kids finally get them. :)