Monday, February 05, 2007

Happy?

My life is happy because...

When I first read this topic for today's blog I couldn't think of anything that I was happy about. Lately I just have been feeling very sad and lonely. Day after day I struggle to make it to bedtime and then the day starts over again. So today I let the day go by as it usually does and as I lay in my bed with my laptop upon my lap after the kids went to bed I think of all the moments that made me happy today.

It makes me happy when my son comes and wakes me up in the morning. He greets me with a big hello and a hug and kiss even though it upsets me to be waken up so early. He learned how to escape the child proof doorknob locks that is placed in his bedroom. At first he was taking the knobs off the door but now he learned how to squeeze it to open the door. He then plays in an empty tub with the tub toys while mommy manages to take a shower playing the game of "Can you find me something Yellow or Green or Blue?" It's nice to have this one on one time with my son.

We went to a sing, sway and play time at the library today and it was fun to participate with my children. Today the theme was horses and so we did a whole bunch of songs and play activities while pretending to be a horse. The kids really enjoyed running around the room with a broom stick type horse and playing the guitar. At one point the lights were dimmed to represent night time and they all were laying on the floor under the covers and when they started to sing the song, "Good night" Tori started to cry and jumped into my arms where I cradled her while they sang the song. It was nice to be able to spend that brief 3 minutes or so with her alone.

Naomi and I had a bit of a struggle today. She can be very noisy and have tantrums when she doesn't get her way so we didn't quite bond today like I did with the other two. However, the time that did make me happy was when she met a little boy at the library. While I was checking out my books she was just playing with the little boy and then her face lit up and she gave the little boy a kiss. It was so cute. She also kisses and hugs her brother. This makes me happy that she can be loving.

Another thing that makes me happy is the 5-10 minutes that my husband came into the girls room during story time while I made Victoria's bed up for the night he sat with all 3 reading a book to them. It's not very often he gets to spend time with them but this was very touching to see them bonding.

No comments: