Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Arts and Crafts

The first thing I made that I considered art was . . Let's just say that I have lost my memory when the triplets were born. I thought all day about this prompt. The earliest memory that I do remember is when my mom signed me up for drawing lessons. I was maybe a teenager or maybe it was even earlier maybe 10 years old or so. The funny thing is I can't remember what I drew. I know I drew something on a big canvas by looking at something. Was it fruit? Or was it like a sesame street character? Mom do you remember? Of course, there is no physical canvas left from those days.

I have always been crafy though. I would make Christmas ornaments for the tree all the time. I think that's why I enjoyed girl scouts so much because there was always some type of arts and crafts at every meeting. I also learned how to crochet at a very early age but, of course, I didn't continue doing it for very long. It is too monotonous. I like things that change and get a fast accomplishing result otherwise I get bored.

When I got married in 1995 I learned how to quilt. Even at that time my husband was a workaholic and I had to find a hobby to occupy myself. So I took quilting lessons. I did quilting for a while until I was introduced to scrapbooking through a creative memories consultant back in 1997. When growing up you would always see me with a camera and I liked the finished quick product of scrapbooking. So quilting went on the back burner and scrapbooking took over my every spare moment. I even took a photography class in college before the children were born. In 2004 I learned how to knit. That too didn't last. It's a bit boring. I also started to do rubber stamping again. I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator back in 2005 and still continue to make my own cards. However, now a days my obsession is digital scrapbooking. So through the years I tend to jump from one craft to another.

No comments: