Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Let's Get Personal!

Personal Hygiene

1. How often do you typically shower/bath? I shower almost every day well not today as today was pj day. Every day I try to get up earlier then the kids to do so or on occasion I will have Justin play in the bathtub while I shower. The girls are sleeping yet my son tends to get up earlier.

2. Do you prefer showering or taking a bath? I prefer to shower. I have a big tub in my bathroom but never use it. For one thing, there is no jets in it. It's just a tub and I hate to sit in dirty water. I know it probably would be relaxing but for me I have to do 2 things at once so sitting in the tub I wouldn't be able to use my computer or fold laundry or talk on the phone or or or! I could read but that's about it! I wouldn't get anything done.

3. What's the longest you've ever gone w/o a shower/bath? Probably 2 days. Yikes! By the 2nd day I feel so gross that I have to take a shower. I've been lapsing on my hair lately though. Since it is very cold outside I don't want to go around with my hair wet so sometimes I will just take a shower without washing my hair. I was finding that if I wash my hair every day it tends to build up and looks greasy especially if I condition it often. In the summer time I would just pin my hair up and let it air dry but now that it's cold it has to be blow dried and some days I just don't have the time to blow it dry so that's another reason I sometimes don't wash it every day.

4. What's your favorite personal hygiene product? Well, I use Caress bar soap only because I have found that I'm not allergic to it. I tried some other soaps and I wind up breaking out in hives so since Caress doesn't make me break out I just stay with that.

5. Do you shave your legs? If so how often? Yes, I shave my entire leg. Sometimes I will shave just the bottom part of my leg but in the summertime the entire leg is done. How often? I think at least once a week or when I see stubbles building up. I don't know how anyone can get their legs waxed. I dread getting my eyebrows done because of the pain. I could not imagine how much pain it would be to get your legs done or your bikini area. YIKES that must hurt big time! Hey, anyone ever remember the episode of Friends where Joey gets his eyebrows done and he only gets the one done because of the pain. Sorry had to throw that in as this just reminded me of that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just had to comment about waxing legs - I was a guinea pig for a girlfriend who was learning waxing for her beauty therapy - by the time I had finished, everything possible had been waxed. Boy was it painful.

Glynis said...

It is really hard to find time to sit in a bathtub...and I never thought about it cutting into my laundry time :)

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad I don't have to shave or wax. I don't think I could stand the waxing either. I have to be very careful about what soaps and lotions I use. I can use nutrogena soap and I have to use Lubriderm (no fragrances).