Monday, October 23, 2006

How I Met My Closest Friend

Thirty-one years ago I was starting school for the first time (kindergarten). Yes, that's right, my closest friend was in my kindergarten class. Her name is Debbie. Through the years my mom and her mom also became very close friends. In 1975, she lived a short distance from my childhood house. We would walk to each others houses that is how close we lived. Unfortunately, when we were in first grade she moved to another state. Even though we were in separate states we still remained in contact with each other. We would spend the entire summers together. As teenagers we even attended church sleep away camp together. Now as adults, we live only 30 minutes away and still keep in touch at least once a week. She is more like a sister. She has always been there for me. Right after the triplets were born she came to visit me in the hospital. I was very ill after the c-section and she stayed to help. She even helped me take a shower which my husband was too skirmish to help. I am very thankful for her friendship.

No comments: