Monday, April 02, 2007

Make a Wish


Blow out the candles and make a wish!

What did you wish for and why?

Well, there are many things I could have wished for but today at this very moment there is only one thing on my mind. It could be that it's 8:25 am and I just woke up. I have to get ready to leave for the library. We are going to Swing, Sway, Play today. The children love this because they get to dance and use musical instruments. It's a really fun activity for them. Oh, yeah, I forgot to say what I wished for. My wish was for my husband to spend some quality time with me and the children as a family. Lately, he's been working 24/7 and hardly has a chance to bond with the children. It's very sad and breaks my heart that he hasn't been able to bond with the children for the past 2 years because of his work. Victoria now points to every man and says, "Daddy?" I respond with, "No, honey, that's a man. He is not your daddy." They are growing up fast. I still can't believe how they are not babies any more. Where did the time go? My husband works from home, however, we hardly ever see him. My children are always asking, "Where is Daddy?" and I'm always saying, "He went to work." Lately, their response is, "Oh, okay" and then they go back to playing or eating. Last night my husband asked me, "What is your schedule tomorrow?" He never asks me what I am doing. I normally tell him the night before what we are doing. I can't give him my schedule for the entire week because he forgets. I do have the calendar filled with things that I am doing for the week so he can always look there. This time he sounded interested like he wanted to attend with us. So I asked, "Why do you want to come join us?" His normal response is always, "You know I have to work" but this time he said, "I have off and maybe I'll attend with you. What time do you need to leave?" Okay, I was shocked but did respond with, "10:45 am." He then said, "Well, if I'm up that early." I totally will be shocked if he does attend but I'm really not getting my hopes up because then I just get disappointed if he doesn't come. I hope and pray every day that he would attend something with us. Not only to help me out with the children but to spend some quality time with them. He's still sleeping now but it's still early. We have 2 hours before we have to leave so I'm going to make my wish and leave you with a quote.

The future is full of doubt, indeed, but fuller still of hope.
- John Lubbock

Credits

4 comments:

Stephani said...

I LOVE you journaling page WOW! It is gorgeous. Beautiful work! It sounds like your husband it trying. I hope he does get to spend some time with you guys today. I will cross my fingers for ya! Have a great day!

Beth said...

Your journaling is raw and honest. It's very well done. I feel like I'm right there, with you. Well done!

I also hope your husband finds the time to spend with his family!

Unknown said...

I love your journalling page! I really hope that your husband got to go to Swing, sway, play with you.

Denise said...

I hope he is able to go too!