Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Favorite Color


What's your favorite color? Describe it. Has it always been your favorite? Why is it your favorite?

My favorite color is PURPLE. It's a very uplifting color. Makes me happy when I look at that color. I think I have always liked the color purple. So much so that I wanted to have my bridal party in that color, however, my mom talked me out of it and I wound up having teal green instead. It is also the color of my birthstone.

Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Purple has been used to symbolize royalty. It also symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists.

Put some violet in your life when you want:

  • to use your imagination to its fullest
  • to re-balance your life
  • to remove obstacles
  • to calm overactivity or to energize from depression

7 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I love purple too! It was my wedding party's color. Great choice.

Glynis said...

Yep, purple's one of my favorites too and now I know why...thanks for all the purple facts :)

Tammy said...

My grand daughters love purple!! That seems like a really happy color to me.

Tammy said...

My grand daughters love purple. Purple seems so happy to me.

Anonymous said...

I like purple, i agree that it's a very calming color. I love your blog header by the way.

Unknown said...

My computer room is purple; but I don't feel anymore creative, LOL. It is also my daughter's favorite color.

samm said...

Purple is my youngest daughters favourite colour. I really enjoyed reading all the details about the meaning.