Friday, April 06, 2007

Weekly Wrap Up

How about a weekly wrap up and also your plans for Easter weekend.

We had quite a busy week.

Saturday - We did the egg hunt in our town. My mom stayed over the night before so I could take the children. It was a bit hectic and there were so many children at the park. The egg hunt was divided into 4 age groups. They had a rope separating the people and at 10 am they opened up the rope. It was so busy that my children only got one egg each but there were a few children who got many and volunteered to give my children one or two of theirs which was really nice. The egg hunt was over in 5 minutes so very fast. It was really cold and windy. When we got home I colored some eggs and had the children decorate them with stickers while my mom was still around this was an easy activity for them to participate in. Maybe next year they can actually color the eggs.

Sunday - I think this was a pj day. Isn't it funny how there are times when I can't remember backwards. I'd have to check my calendar but I think we just stayed home this day. I try to plan days that we just do nothing. Yes, this is the day that DSP turned 3. I wound up scrapbooking all day. It was a lot of fun doing all the challenges and I got 5 pages done. I especially liked the plopper challenge as it was very fast and since I was scrapping while the children were playing I definitely need fast.

Monday - Swing, Sway Play at the library. The theme was water. So they did a rubber ducky dance with the song from Ernie from Sesame Street. Then they had these swans (plastic) on these sticks where the kids pretended that they were swimming in the lake (Swan Lake) and then after that she took the lake away and they flew in the air catching bubbles. My children always enjoy her classes.

Tuesday - We went to the MOMS club monthly meeting. While the children played with the other children they had a guest speaker on organization. It was very interesting and I kind of learned some things. I so need to get rid of this clutter in this house so my life would be much easier to manage. The one tip that he said was not to buy storage containers until you actually know how much and what you are going to store. I need to get a hold of the children's toys, the paper clutter and my recipes. So much to do and so little time to do it in.

Wednesday - We were supposed to do the egg hunt this day but because it rained we wound up staying home. My mother came and she stayed over night so she could help me with the children for the show on Thursday.

Thursday - We went to see Sesame Street live. My children just loved seeing elmo. We were sitting in the balcony. The tickets were only $12 each but it sure was hard to see. We went with the MOMS club where I organized getting the tickets. After the show we went out to lunch and celebrated my dad's 60th birthday.

Friday - Today we are doing the egg hunt with the MOMs club. I know I need to get moving as I'm running out of time and need to get there early so my children can get at least more than one egg.

Easter Plans - We are going to my parents house and yes my husband is actually going. He promised he'd take the day off. So I'm really looking forward to a family day.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh I love those "stay at home days" Especially in the PJ's. I had one of those today :)

loonyhiker said...

Sounds like you had a great week! Glad your mom was around to help and I'm excited that your hubby will spend Easter with y'all! It got so cold that we ended up coming home from our wandering. Have a wonderful Easter!

Tammy said...

I love "stay at home" days too!! I love wearing my flannel britches around the house.

I just cannot imagine having 3 children at the same time. I only had one child and he was enough. Now he is almost 30 and ne still is my baby!!

Happy Easter!!

Tammy said...

I love "stay at home" days too!! I love wearing my flannel britches around the house.

I just cannot imagine having 3 children at the same time. I only had one child and he was enough. Now he is almost 30 and ne still is my baby!!

Happy Easter!!