For one thing I was born on Friday the 13th so it really doesn't bother me that it is Friday the 13th. I also like the number 13 as it's my favorite number. However, there are a couple of things that I am superstitious about. For example:
- Spiders: I believe that if you kill a spider you will get very bad luck. So when I see spiders I either leave them alone or I try to scoop them up and transport them outside without hurting them.
- Mirrors: Breaking a mirror means 7 years bad luck. I try not to break any mirrors. I don't even carry one in my purse.
- Nose: If your nose itches then you are going to quarrel with someone. I always seem to have a fight with someone when my nose itches.
- Palm Itchy: I always believed that when your palm was itchy that money was coming. I just searched the web for superstitions and found this true meaning: If the palm of your right hand is itchy, then it foretells that money is coming to you, but don’t scratch it as that stops the money from coming! If it’s your left palm that is itchy, then scratch away, as that means that you'll soon be paying out money. No wonder why I never got money because I always scratched my hand and probably always had to pay out.
- Knock on Wood: Whenever I say something and don't really mean it or don't want it to happen to me I knock on wood. The true meaning of knocking on wood: Good Luck: Knock on Wood - It was believed that good spirits lived in trees, and that by knocking on anything made from wood, we could call upon these spirits for protection against misfortune.
While attempting to write this I found a really cool Superstitions Database. You can search for whatever subject you want and it would give you the superstitious meaning.