Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My 3 Must Haves

Are there three products in your life that you just love (favorite scrapping designer? a cleaning product that does what it claims? or your favorite restaurant?)? Tell us about them! (Add links and maybe we'll decide we can't live without them either )

1. MOMS Club. At this very time in my life where I am raising terrible two triplets the MOMS Club has been a big life saver for me. I was going crazy being home with the children alone. Now, that I am a member of this club I now have things to do with them almost every day. There are tons of playdates that we can go to and I can actually talk to another human beings besides singing Barney and Elmo songs all day. They even have a MOMS Night Out that I like to attend once a month. It only costs like $20 for the year to join. You get a monthly calendar with morning and afternoon activities. You pick and choose what you want to do. There are regular play dates, parties, crafts, library activities, field trips all listed on the calendar. Plus, I have made a few friends and the children really enjoy playing with other children's toys. They are constantly asking me to go out.

2. Digital Scrapbook Place. I cannot live without this website. It is my creative output when the children are sleeping. I enjoy doing the challenges, taking classes, looking through the gallery to get ideas, and don't forget the shopping. The link I just posted is where I look the most to find out what is new in the store. Some of the designers have challenges where if you purchase their kits and you make a page you receive a posting bonus. Those are really fun because you are gaining tons of digital images along the way. There are a ton of digital scrapbooking websites but this one is the one where I frequently go to. It's my home away from home. Right now I am taking a class on journaling so be prepared to see more journaling on my layouts in the future.

3. Picasa. Since I have been digital scrapbooking I have been using this program to code all my files. It is the best. It organizes everything and is very quick when I need to find something to do a layout. I code everything by color, theme, element so when I need a particular item such as a red background, a red frame, a red tag, green eyelet, etc. I type in those key elements and presto all my files will pop up. If you plan on starting to digital scrapbook this is a great way to start organizing your files. This month I am taking a journaling class and have come a cross a font manager called The Font Thing. I haven't played around with it that much but just having the ability to see my fonts bigger has been a great start in helping me use more fonts then the ones I normally use.

5 comments:

Glynis said...

Of course, I love DSP too! And I have not tried picasa, but I hear really great things about it...thanks for the tips!

loonyhiker said...

I wrote about DSP too! I use Picasa and the Font Thing. Since I bought my new computer with Vista, I've had a little trouble with the Font Thing so I will need to play with it a little. I love Picasa too especially for the fact that it is free and leaves me more money to buy kits.

Toni said...

DSP absolutely, now there is something else I couldn't be without in my life right now. Great list.

Unknown said...

It is great that there is an organization to helps bring focus into your life with 3 little ones running around.

And who doesn't love DSP... :)

Thanks for the tip about picasa. I'll have to look into it.

heather said...

The Mom's Club sounds like a wonderful idea and I can understand why it would be such a help to you!