Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Overbooked

What do you do when you find yourself overbooked? Are you someone that pushes through and collapses at the end? Cancel out selectively and give yourself breathing room? Or maybe curl up in the fetal position and cry?

At first, I push through and collapse at the end. I try to do everything. I stay up late and some nights I don't go to sleep until 2 pm. Well, that's almost every night. Actually 2 nights ago I had to prepare dinner for passover. I actually stayed up till 4 and got up again at 7 to finish cooking. Did you count that? I had 3 hours of sleep. I don't do that all the time though. Then I still managed to take the children to MOMS club meeting. They had a speaker on organization which was very interesting. He was talking about getting rid of clutter. I so need to get rid of stuff. I think my major challenge now is children's toys and paper clutter. Sorry went on another subject there. Most nights I get 5 hours of sleep. I've been trying to cut back on my scrapbooking and try to go to bed at a decent hour. I also try to only put one activity on the calendar a day for the kids to do. I find if I put 2 activities I get worn out plus the kids get worn out too. Last night because we had company the kids went to bed at 9:30 which is way past their bed time and guess what they are still sleeping. We are supposed to do an egg hunt today but it's raining so they probably will postpone it till Friday. We still will go to an activity play date though. The children love going out and get upset when I tell them nothing is planned. But I do make non planned days as well just so I can relax a bit.

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

At least you are learning about your limitations. I think it is great that you are adapting your schedule to meet your needs. I found out that raising kids is pretty much trial and error. There is no magic recipe to raising kids. You just do the best you can and be proud of what you have accomplished. You have done more than most because you have to. That's the way it usually is. ((By the way, I'm stuck in Pine Mountain, GA and thank goodness, the motel has free wifi!)

Sharon said...

Im with you on getting rid of clutter. If DH knew I was writting this he would be straight onto it....lol. Also been burning the scrapping candle a bit lately.

Pam said...

Even at 60, I sometimes stay up so late that I decide to brew coffee and join the new day. I've not had triplets, but I don't consider kid's toys as clutter. Then again, I have stuff, not clutter! Mainly I've learned to keep dishes done as I dirty them, tidy the bed and bath as I'm finished there, and clean a spilled mess right after it happens. Calendars are a great way to plan - I find that I have make appointments with myself to complete projects! Mostly, you can only do one thing at a time, so you have to learn to choose which to do first.