Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Siblings' Day


In honor of Sibling's Day, talk about your relationship with your siblings.

I have one sister. Her name is Cindy. She is 6 years younger than me. When we were little we would fight often. Today now that we are married and have children of our own we get along quite well. We live an hour away from each other but try to talk on the phone daily and once a month we try to get together with our children. We both belong to the MOMS club but in 2 different chapters. So recently we have been trying to get involved in each other's clubs with our children. My sister has one daughter, Amanda who will be 2 years old this month. My children are 8 months older than their cousin. They get along very well when we are together. I hope they remain friends and close for a long time.

Our personalities are very different. We are complete opposites. My sister is more like my mother very upbeat and I am more like my father very laid back. Because we are so different we can clash at times. We did, however, have this very distinct laugh or giggle that was very much the same for the longest time. Once I had the triplets my laugh faded away yet my sister still has that giggle and shows it often. Wish I could get back the laughter in my life I'm working on it.

Credits

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You and your sister sound alot like my brother and me. Two different personalities, very different in alot of ways, but then they are your sibling and the very same in many ways.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad you have someone to talk to! I think it would be great for the cousins to grow up together. I was so young and all my cousins were so much older that I really don't have much of a relationship with them.

Unknown said...

It's funny thinking about it. I'm kind of the black sheep of the family. Although my sisters and I have common interests we are so different. One looks like my mom; one like my dad and I look like an ancestor. Both of my sis' are outspoken while I tend to be more reserved. But if you asked anyone who knows all three; 3 to 1 they would say I was the optimist and they were introverted.

Stephani said...

Me and my sister are also like that! Total different! lol! I hope you can find your laugh again. I am sorry things have been so hard for you lately! (((((BIG HUGS))))) dear friend stay strong. You are a great Mom and wife and are so talented and creative!! I admire you so much.