Thursday, April 19, 2007

Daily Routine - Tedious, Boring & Creative

What is the most tedious or boring part of your daily routine/job? What is the most creative?

Most tedious would be the constantly picking up of things from room to room. Every time I turn around there is another toy, a sock, a hat, shoes, a puzzle piece, a doll, etc. etc. you name it I pick it up day after day after day. My main goal is to have at least the kitchen free of these things so there are times when I take the kids wagon and I toss the toys into the wagon as I walk through my kitchen. I find this is the fastest way to get my kitchen decluttered from all this excess. Nothing is worse then stepping onto one of those puzzle pieces that have the little sticks sticking up. Ouch that hurts!

Most boring part of my day would be the folding of laundry and washing of dishes. This is always a challenge. Some days the laundry just piles up. The dishes at least get done every night as I run that dishwasher. Thank God for that invention or they'd never get done.

Most creative part of my day is when we do some type of craft such as coloring or painting. Sometimes we even sing and dance. Every night we also do a 1/2 hour of story time which can be very creative depending on if I have the right type of books.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the wagon idea!! Thats great.

loonyhiker said...

Isn't it amazing that I have no children at home but I'm still picking up after my "big" child! And I hate folding clothes. We live out of the laundry basket a lot.

loonyhiker said...

Isn't it amazing that I have no children at home but I'm still picking up after my "big" child! And I hate folding clothes. We live out of the laundry basket a lot.